St Brigid’s Marrickville
The Passionists came to Marrickville from England and Ireland on 21st November 1887, and lived next to the old church in Despointes Street. Much of the property on the current site was purchased in 1915.
The property consisted of a 2 story residence and farmlands.
The Monastery and the Church were built around that original building in the following years.
St Brigid’s Church was opened in 1921.
Today there is a Community of 22 men living at St Brigid’s.